Thread: Vanguard NWTF Gun of the year.

Default Vanguard NWTF Gun of the year.

I recently purchased a Vanguard NWTF gun of the year in .300 mag from a friend of mine that won it at a turkey Federation banquet. Its a great looking gun with a beautiful wood stock on it, and goldscroll work on the hingeplate with the NWTF logo on it. I'm thinking I may buy a stock from Richards for it to hunt with because it would be a shame to risk damaging the factory stock in the woods. This looks like a great site with lots of great info.

Default Re: Vanguard NWTF Gun of the year.

carnivore, welcome to the site. That is always a dilemma with a new weatherby. "Man, it's so beautiful, I would hate to ding it up hunting." I had that same thought with several of my weatherby stocks. My recommendation though is hunt the heck out of them. Once you put the first ding it them you won't worry so much about it and you'll be able to enjoy carrying a fine piece around the woods with you. Beauty is as beauty does, and man do those weatherby's do some beautiful things. What were you going to do with that good lookin' stock anyway, make a lamp out of it? No, make it do what it was born to do. Oh, and congrats on a fine score. Your friend was one lucky guy.

Blog Entries

Welcome aboard carnivore. Sounds like a very nice Vanguard. Is that a 300 Wby or 300 Win? Pictures are always welcome on this site .

Ken....
    "It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession; I have
    learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first."
    - Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by Heat View Post
    Welcome aboard carnivore. Sounds like a very nice Vanguard. Is that a 300 Wby or 300 Win? Pictures are always welcome on this site .

Ken....
    Thanks for the welcome, this looks like a good site to hang out at. Its a .300 Weatherby, which I consider to be good news. I will get some pics taken and posted as soon as possible, Im working 3.5 hours from home and time is limited, especially when you consider Im in the middle of Michugan gun season.