Thread: Excalibur Equinox Crossbow

Cool Excalibur Equinox Crossbow

Last month I stopped at Wright Patterson Air Force base to visit my son (Capt-USAF proud Dad) on my way to Fort Sill, Oklahoma and hunted some whitetail with his Excalibur Vortex cross bow. Shot a nice 7 pointer and anchored him in his tracks-22 yards. I was so impressed with this that I simply had to have one of my own and bought an Excalibur Equinox model- 225# draw. Unholy weapon- I shoot at 50 yards and put them in a 2" circle all day long- in fact shooting at the same target point after having shot already is unwise unless you want to buy expensive carbon bolts. This thing is FAST! 350fps. Looking forward to hunting some hogs and others down here in Oklahoma.

Anybody else out there shoot a crossbow? Would love to hear successes and see pictures. Great alternative to guns and a lot of fun to shoot. These weapons are SERIOUS killers. Only difference between them and a gun out to 50 is they don't go bang.

Love to hear from you.

God Bless
    Mark
    Psalm 23

.17HMR Mark XXII; .22-250 Vanguard Sporter
    .220 SVM "Rocket"
    .224 Mark V SVM; .240 Mark V ULW
    .257 Mark V Lazermark; .257 Mark V Silhouette Thumbhole; .25-300 Custom5 Panel Lazermark
    .270 Mark V Lazermark; .270 Mark V 5 Panel Lazermark
    7MM Mark V 5 Panel Lazermark
    .300 Mark V Deluxe; .300 Mark V Accumark; .300 Mark V Deluxe
    .30-378 Mark V Fibermark
    .30-378 Mark V Accumark Custom
    .338-378 Mark V Accumark Stainless Composite
    .340 Mark V Deluxe; .340 Mark V Deluxe Thumbhole
    .375 Mark V Custom
    .375 H&H Mark V Custom
    .378 Mark V Deluxe
    .416 Mark V Lazermark
    .460 Mark V Deluxe
    Athena Grade III 20Ga. O/U

If You Can Not Stand Behind Our Troops, please Feel Free To Stand In Front Of Them!

'No arsenal, no weapon in the arsenals of the world, is so formidable as the will and moral courage of free men and women.'

-- Ronald Reagan

Default Re: Excalibur Equinox Crossbow

I personally have a Horton 225# pull weight. I love hunting with mine and have drilled a few deer with it mostly less then 40 yards and they have not gone very far after the shot. I like it for the same reasoning, they are very accurate like you stated above, I have not shot mine past 50 yards yet but plan on experimenting a little on that mostly for giggles not to meantion it may be nice to know how it does.
    Laws that forbid the carrying of arms... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man. --- Thomas Jefferson.

Just got a Horton 175 Recon this December. I love it but have not hunted with it yet. I plan to shoot some hogs down here. Should be fun.

PS. My folks live in Dayton and both worked at Wright Patt. When I was in high school I worked at the skeet/trap facility there. Don't know if its still there. I have hunted deer and pheasant on base when they would arrange hunts in the 80's. It was great.
    Ken

300 WBY MAG Mark V Accumark Outfitter Stock Zeiss Conquest 4.5x14 44
    300 WBY MAG Mark V Euromark Leupold VARI-XIII 3.5x10 x40
    257 WBY MAG Mark V ULW Zeiss Conquest 4.5x14 44
    30-06 Husqvarna Zeiss Conquest

Quote Originally Posted by mark81253 View Post
    Anybody else out there shoot a crossbow? Would love to hear successes and see pictures. Great alternative to guns and a lot of fun to shoot. These weapons are SERIOUS killers. Only difference between them and a gun out to 50 is they don't go bang.

Love to hear from you.
    Yeah, all of my friends and myself use Excalibur crossbows here in ON. Exomaxes or Equinoxes mostly,one buddy's got a Paradox ( Excalibur made for only one season but quit because it was a compound setup.) Excaliburs are made here in Ontario and the owners of Excalibur,Bill Troubridge & his wife Kath, are great folks. These c'bows are VERY accurate & VERY deadly out to 50yds. Couple these bows with a ghillie suit and you have a setup that will fill the freezer! Ive seen some video of these bows used in Africa and they truly are killing machines. Why some states won't allow them during bow season is beyond me!
    I hunt...because the voices in my head tell me to.

As I was going through my morning threads here I had the Vs. channel on the TV. Saw a guy shoot a Muskox with one of these up in the arctic.

Now THAT'S hunting. Dropped him!!!

Still waiting for some action with mine. Trip for hogs/rams coming up later this month. Decision for weaponry is becoming difficult. .257WM, .270 Win., .270WM, .378WM, .460WM, Equinox?????????? Hell, I'll take them all. Maybe the stands are large enough to accomodate them all!!

Anticipation and excitement building.....

God Bless
    Mark
    Psalm 23

.17HMR Mark XXII; .22-250 Vanguard Sporter
    .220 SVM "Rocket"
    .224 Mark V SVM; .240 Mark V ULW
    .257 Mark V Lazermark; .257 Mark V Silhouette Thumbhole; .25-300 Custom5 Panel Lazermark
    .270 Mark V Lazermark; .270 Mark V 5 Panel Lazermark
    7MM Mark V 5 Panel Lazermark
    .300 Mark V Deluxe; .300 Mark V Accumark; .300 Mark V Deluxe
    .30-378 Mark V Fibermark
    .30-378 Mark V Accumark Custom
    .338-378 Mark V Accumark Stainless Composite
    .340 Mark V Deluxe; .340 Mark V Deluxe Thumbhole
    .375 Mark V Custom
    .375 H&H Mark V Custom
    .378 Mark V Deluxe
    .416 Mark V Lazermark
    .460 Mark V Deluxe
    Athena Grade III 20Ga. O/U

If You Can Not Stand Behind Our Troops, please Feel Free To Stand In Front Of Them!

'No arsenal, no weapon in the arsenals of the world, is so formidable as the will and moral courage of free men and women.'

-- Ronald Reagan

I have a Vortex. I love it. I plan to hunt turkeys with it. PA has passed hunting in bow season with a crossbow. I hope to hunt this fall with mine.

Talking Re: Excalibur Equinox Crossbow

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Brush View Post
    I have a Vortex. I love it. I plan to hunt turkeys with it. PA has passed hunting in bow season with a crossbow. I hope to hunt this fall with mine.
    Tom Sounds like fun. Out here they treat a cross bow like a rifle...Pat
    Wthby Memorbilia Collector and TRADER of Wthby items.
    22.250 Varmetmaster 26" German, Mark5 30-06 Calif. Laural stock, 240 Mark 5, 257 Mark 5, MarkV thumbhole stock on a USA 257 & 300 Mark 5 24" and 300 Mark 5 26", 338-06 LTW, USA Mark 5 26" 340, Mark 5 375 H&H Classic. MarkXXII Tube 22, MarkXXII Clip 22, New MKII 22 RF and MKII 17 Hmr. CFP 223 1 of 41.
    H&R .223, H&R 20GA
    Rugar 77k .204
    Marlin Thumbhole 17VSB
    WTB Wthby Christmas Cards,Bullet Displays, ETC.