Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: INTRODUCING Accubond Long Range

Default Re: Nosler Accubonds

Like I said, we just have to wait until march and test them under real conditions. Either way I for one am excited. Finally (what I consider) a short and long range hunting bullet.
    The creator of the term "BEE"!

]

Interesting read Jeff. Seems like they still haven't figured out the difference in estimated BC between Courtney and Litz.
    Ephesians 2:8,9 John 6:47
    Beretta 686 Onyx
    257 Sporter
    270 Win Browning A-bolt

"We need not talk about our morale. As committed soldiers we will see this mission through." - Sgt. Tell Gray, 82 Airborne, KIA Iraq

Another interesting read from a very accomplished LR hunter. Just goes to show you until you try them in real life.........

Quote Originally Posted by Ridge_Runner
    I've been doing this stuff since 1981, I firmly believe that on any given day the BC of any bullet will be different if fired in any 2 given rifles side by side. like I said only one published BC was even close, here are a couple examples
    since 2006 I have shot the nosler 160 accubond in my 7mm AM, published BC is .531, I'm always 1/4 to 1/2 moa high with my charts unless I run a BC of .62, then I'm dead on till last year, bought a new lot of bullets and was hitting low till I dropped the BC to .58.
    berger 140's in my 6.5 were high until I used a BC of .7, they're published BC was .64
    tried the 160 accubonds with the G7 BC that brian emailed me.....my charts weren't even close
    I checked the MV down to the instant the bullet left the muzzle, verified all conditions on several different occasions and was still hitting high at all ranges to 830 yards.
    will never rely on preset bc's again I'll figure my own, it ain't hard.
    RR

]

I agree the BC can differ some from rifle to rifle. But between rifles it is usually a small amount. I have had way more trouble establishing a correct muzzle velocity than BC. That is until I bought my Oehler 35. I have set up about 6 rifles this fall and not one needed tweeking using the MV from the Oehler and the advertised BC of the Bullets I used. The last onewas my 300 win with the 215's. Spot on from 100 to 1500 yards. It has taken 13 big game animals this fall all one shot hits cold bore. The farthest being an antelope at 1285 yds and 5 of the kills being over 750 yards. 3 over 950. My point is my trouble in the past was way more related to MV than BC. If the advertised BC is close only minor tweeking is needed in most cases.

Jeff
    Lucky ...Is when Preparation and Opportunity Come Together

"Vegetarians are cool. All I eat are vegetarians - except for the occasional mountain lion steak." - Ted Nugent

They look like some great bullets.I just wish they listed one for they .257.Maybe next year.

They will be coming soon as will 6mm bullets I am sure.

Once these get established you can look forward to non-standard twist bullets.
    Last edited by pop; 11-22-2012 at 07:52.

]

What happened to the anticipated field reports?

Quote Originally Posted by Despotes View Post
    What happened to the anticipated field reports?
    I did test the 30 cal Nossler ABLR 210's. Advertised to have a G1 BC of .730 We shot them over a chronograph at 1000 yards. My field data calculated them to come in at about .612 G1 BC. Some have had them test closer to .630 for G1 BC. Reality strikes again. I am still shooting the Berger 215 that has an advertised and field proven G1 BC of .696 So my hopes of a 210 gr 30 cal with a BC of .730 like Nossler advertises was soon debunked.

Jeff
    Lucky ...Is when Preparation and Opportunity Come Together

"Vegetarians are cool. All I eat are vegetarians - except for the occasional mountain lion steak." - Ted Nugent

Correct me if I am wrong POP. But the advertised BC for the 300/338 accubond is like.720 correct? That seems low compared to a Berger at .818. But now we have a 210 30 cal accubond at .730. Like I said that is huge. It just is way out there from all other bullets in the 210 / 30 cal range. Maybe you can tell me how they found all this BC?