Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LabRadar Doppler Chrono

1. Default LabRadar Doppler Chrono

Yes, seems like we can get a Doppler Radar for under $ 500 quite soon.
    Check pic #2, velocity shown @ 0,10,50,100,200 yards.
    More info at: http://www.mylabradar.com/

http://forum.snipershide.com/s4-snip...ronograph.html

http://mygunculture.com/the-labradar-radar-chronograph/

Last edited by 340 Weatherby; 02-28-2014 at 21:56.

RUM = Poor Man's Weatherby!

Default Re: LabRadar Doppler Chrono

Anybody have an idea of how Accurate this is going to be??? Broz???

Thanks Rob

3. Default Re: LabRadar Doppler Chrono

They claim:

How accurate is it?
    LabRadar has an accuracy of better than 0.1%.

All FAQ
    Answers to your Questions

F A Q

How does LabRadar work?
    LabRadar velocity measurements are based on Continuous Wave Doppler Radar and advanced Digital Signal Processing Technologies.
    Is it Safe to use?
    Yes, LabRadar was designed for compliance with the United States FCC Regulations and CE requirements.
    How accurate is it?
    LabRadar has an accuracy of better than 0.1%.
    Will it work in the hot, cold, cloudy, sunny, shade or changing light conditions, rain, indoors, outdoors?
    Yes, unlike most light sensing chronographs LabRadar is not affected by these environmental conditions.
    If you’re not in the center of the radar beam is the accuracy diminished?
    No.
    Does it work on batteries?
    Yes. LabRadar uses 6 AA type batteries. It can also be powered from an external USB power pack.
    What range performance can one expect with LabRadar?
    LabRadar will typically measure the velocity of a 7.62 mm projectile from muzzle up to 100 yards.
    What is the Warranty period?
    One year from date of purchase.
    What data does LabRadar provide?
    LabRadar provides minimum/maximum velocities, extreme spread, average velocity and standard deviation of a shot series. Velocities are constantly tracked and recorded at various distances along the flight path.
    How reliable is the LabRadar?
    Infinition, the company that created and manufactures the LabRadar has been designing and manufacturing high end instrumentation radars for more than a decade. Infinition’s high end radars are used daily by professionals at various Research Centers, Ballistic Laboratories and Proving Grounds around the world. The LabRadar has been built from the same technology inside Infinition’s high end radars and brings that technology in the hands of the shooters and hunters, providing an accurate and reliable way to measure the velocity of various projectiles.
    Can the LabRadar be used with bow and crossbow?
    Yes, it can measure velocity on a wide range of different projectiles.

4. Default Re: LabRadar Doppler Chrono

If this unit is as claimed it will open a new world in the chronograph world.
    Actually, you can use this unit to calculate the BC of a given bullet.
    Image long range hunting. Using this unit the first shot will reveal the BC in the actual conditions you are shooting at.
    Some will say that only getting readings out to 100-200yards is not good enough.
    Maybe so, but for most a 100 yards gap will make it easy to calculate actual BC very close. A 200 yards gap is even better.
    And, a bigger slug makes longer range readings easyer for the radar.
    I'm also quite sure that more than this company is now starting to making plans to compete on this marked.
    Since this must be the future in the chrono marked. No low light conditions, rain/fog problems or shade/sunlight problems.
    And, nothing to put bulletholes into.
    For sure, I will get one ASAP it's released for sale.

I am one of those that believe we need reading past 200 to figure BC to the distances we hunt (past 1000) I have taken readings at 1000 with two different chronographs to see the difference. 200 yard velocity readings are easily obtained with an Oehler 35, out to 600 yards for that matter.

The biggest advantage I see for this unit is set up time and the fact nothing is on the barrel during load development. I will have one of these Dopler units and compare to the Magnetospeed which I trust after doing comparisons on the same bullet to my Oehler on many rifles.

It is working off sound so this might be of some concern at a public range. But that does not concern me as I shot my own range.

Will be interesting for sure. The Technology in Chronographs is growing just as Rangefinder have. Great stuff for us long range guys.

Jeff
    Lucky ...Is when Preparation and Opportunity Come Together

"Vegetarians are cool. All I eat are vegetarians - except for the occasional mountain lion steak." - Ted Nugent

6. Default Re: LabRadar Doppler Chrono

Most bullet's tend to get to sleep after 150-200 yards, so BC calcs should be more accurate beyond 200. But, after searching the web for info I'm still a little uncertain how it works.
    One claim is that you can choose in the menu how far the readings should go.
    So, I still have a hope that 200 yards is not the limit.
    The producer also claims that other rifles fired at the range is not a problem. Due to the short time the radar is tracking the bullet. (yes, sounds strange)
    As for now, we need a manual to be published so we can get all the correct info from the producer...

7. Default Re: LabRadar Doppler Chrono

After e-mailing Labradar I know the following:
    They claim readings in all calibers out to 100 yards.
    The bigger the slug is, the better readings you will get.
    So a big bullet will give readings over 100 yards.

Any release date yet?

Lucky ...Is when Preparation and Opportunity Come Together

"Vegetarians are cool. All I eat are vegetarians - except for the occasional mountain lion steak." - Ted Nugent

9. Default Re: LabRadar Doppler Chrono

Not as I know of. As usual if they say April it means June. (African calender)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Broz View Post

It is working off sound so this might be of some concern at a public range......

Jeff

Sorry to say this Jeff,

Please be advised that Doppler radar does not work off sound as you mention.
    Doppler Radar works on electronic technology not sonic.
    So there is no need to worry about someone else's noise at the range affecting anyone's readings.

From myself being an ex Air Force Radar Technician now Electrical and Electronics Engineer

RR
    Last edited by RIDGE RIDER; 03-08-2014 at 10:03.
    There's no such thing as a short cut.....do it right the first time.