Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My African trophies arrived.......damaged.... :(

Default Re: My African trophies arrived.......damaged.... :(

Well, speaking of horseshit, bullshit, cowshit, armadilloshit, batshit, we got their address. Let's mail em some shit.

wow, so sad am I am so sorry. The biggest problem in the world today, no one is held accountable for their actions. This applies from the terrorist taking refuge in the white house down through our society to the 3 yr olds growing up on their own today.

Sad,

Jeff
    Lucky ...Is when Preparation and Opportunity Come Together

"Vegetarians are cool. All I eat are vegetarians - except for the occasional mountain lion steak." - Ted Nugent

Blog Entries

Para45

You're not the only unfortunate hunter to be given such lousy treatment.
    This is a common problem with having taxidermy done in South Africa from what I can see and have heard.
    Two of my hunting companions decided to get their mounts done over there and ALL of their trophies came back poorly boxed and ALL are ruined.
    I will get the names of their outfitters and taxidermists and post them through to you.
    What I believe might work is to also draw the outfitters name into this and have the outfitters put pressure onto these bad guys onto every forum hunting and taxidermy forum.
    My companions are currently trying to get compensation but I wouldn't hold out on this.

Ridge
    There's no such thing as a short cut.....do it right the first time.

Mark, you couldn't have said any better.

tx, great idea.

Broz, you are so correct sir. No one in our country was to take responsibility for their actions, and they are using so f*cking clause as their excuse. So, the incompetency of their worker is waived because they have this clause. What a bunch of Bull SHIT!!!!

RR, now that I've exposed these crooks, I've been reading about other horrors stories coming out of Africa. From wrong trophies being shipped, to trophies with bugs and almost being burned by customs.

My broker wrote a letter to the owner of ESTES, and she included a CD with pictures of all the damaged trophies, expressing her dissatisfaction, and since ESTES apparently claims to support and endorse the support of veterans, if this is how a 30 year vet should be treated. Let's see where it goes. I might not get anything, but then again, at this point I have nothing to loose. I'll post an e-mail I got from the outfitter, they are in bed with Highveld & Oxi.

Again, thanks for your comments .

I'll never spent a penny of my hard earned money with Cruiser Safaris if they continue to use Highveld, I will never recommend them to anyone. It's a shame that it all had to end this way. I got screwed by Highveld/Oxi Logistics & ESTES trucking.

"Dear Oscar,
    Pieter and I are aware of your situation but have not got involved through email as we felt that this was an issue that could only be handled by Highveld and Oxi. We have been in communications with Thomas and the path that he was following seemed to be the appropriate course of action.
    We have given our input to him concerning a Cruiser client but I just don't know what else we can do. As is the norm in the safari industry the outfitter must have one company that they use as it would be a nightmare to have several companies for the client to choose from for their taxidermy. I want to let you know that we have both spent considerable time in research on choosing a company and we determined that Highveld Taxidermy would be the best for our clients.
    In regard to you problem I talked to Thomas directly and he said that you chose your own customs broker. Normally the transportation company assigns one that they know will be able to complete your shipment to our high standards. Because of this factor Oxi did not get involved in any way for the shipment after it reached the US. This was handled by your customs broker. Thus Oxi can not provide insurance for your shipment beyond it reaching the US. My personal feeling is that your complaint should be directed to your customs broker and the trucking company that she assigned.
    It appears that Highveld & Oxi delivered your trophies safely to the destination that they were contracted for.

Sincerely,
    Bob
    Cruiser Safaris"

Blog Entries

Unfortunately this may come as cold comfort to the guys who have had their trophies damaged by getting the taxidermy done overseas.
    Last year I ventured to New Zealand South Island to hunt Bull Elk.
    I got a 19 point 11 x 8 trophy and brought the 52" antlers intact with me after having booked the head as my second piece of luggage on premium economy return flight.
    The hide/cape was salted and taken to a reputable taxidermist in New Zealand for paring down, treatment and softening by tumbling making it ready for my taxidermist to mount.
    Doing it this way enabled it to be mailed directly to my front door thus bypassing the quarantine customs inspectors because the skin was classified as "preserved leather".
    I avoid having any taxidermy done overseas and have my local taxidermist do all of my mounts.
    Something to consider to avoid this sort of abuse of trophies.
    Last edited by RIDGE RIDER; 07-13-2014 at 10:04.
    There's no such thing as a short cut.....do it right the first time.

Here is a follow up to this nightmare. My broker (Safari Specialty Importers, Inc) has been heavily engaged with ESTES, and they accomplished the impossible. ESTES has admitted and taken responsibility for the damages done to my trophies, and have decided to pay up for the damages. Granted, I'm not getting the full amount of what it will cost to repair the mounts, but I'm getting something. The way I see it, is the difference between a reputable honest company vs one that is not. I don't know if the threat of going to court or placing negative comments about their company on the internet had anything to do with it, but I want to say that it did.

Somehow during all this ordeal, I failed to mentioned that without the help and constant engagement of Safari Specialty Importers, Inc, I don't think I would have seen a Penny from ESTES. They are a top business, and never gave up on doing what they think was right to fix my damaged trophies. Thank you Rosella!!!!!!

Thank you Safari Specialty Importers, inc & ESTES! Maybe Oxi should learn from your honest practices.
    Last edited by PARA45; 08-31-2014 at 03:25.

Good news your persistence paid off!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oscar- payback is fantastic. Unfortunately, you didn't get full coverage but consider this a sweet victory. Great news, my Friend.

God Bless
    Mark
    Psalm 23

.17HMR Mark XXII; .22-250 Vanguard Sporter
    .220 SVM "Rocket"
    .224 Mark V SVM; .240 Mark V ULW
    .257 Mark V Lazermark; .257 Mark V Silhouette Thumbhole; .25-300 Custom5 Panel Lazermark
    .270 Mark V Lazermark; .270 Mark V 5 Panel Lazermark
    7MM Mark V 5 Panel Lazermark
    .300 Mark V Deluxe; .300 Mark V Accumark; .300 Mark V Deluxe
    .30-378 Mark V Fibermark
    .30-378 Mark V Accumark Custom
    .338-378 Mark V Accumark Stainless Composite
    .340 Mark V Deluxe; .340 Mark V Deluxe Thumbhole
    .375 Mark V Custom
    .375 H&H Mark V Custom
    .378 Mark V Deluxe
    .416 Mark V Lazermark
    .460 Mark V Deluxe
    Athena Grade III 20Ga. O/U

If You Can Not Stand Behind Our Troops, please Feel Free To Stand In Front Of Them!

'No arsenal, no weapon in the arsenals of the world, is so formidable as the will and moral courage of free men and women.'

-- Ronald Reagan