Myself and my Buddy decided a long time ago to save our Points and try to draw a great tag and go hunt together..In 2012 with 18 years of applying we both got very lucky..There were a total of 5 Bull tags given in which 1 went to a NR and 1 went to the Hybrid draw, leaving 3 tags..We put in as a group, which made it more difficult to draw out..If 2 tags were already drawn and my name came up they would of moved on to the next person as only 1 tag was left and we had 2 ....So they must of drawn my name 1st or 2nd...We arrived and went scouting Friday before the Sat opener and were impressed of what we were seeing.We had a little bit of experience with area as my Buddy's wife hunted it the year before and his daughter hunted it 2 years prior...Both shooting great elk..Saturday I was by myself as my Buddy went to the Springs to watch his daughter in a HS cross country meet and would meet up later in the day to discuss what I had seen...Saw some nice bulls on Sat , but nothing I liked and some were pretty broke up, plus I had all week and wasn't in any hurry to shoot...Sunday evening had me up one draw and my buddy up another .. He was overdue and I was making my way back down under a full moon and lots of Cat tracks..I see the truck headlights coming and when he picks me up he says nothing to me.. I said, I think I heard a shot..He smiles and said , you did and then I notice the blood on his hands!! One down..Tuesday came and I saw a worn out big 360ish bull work his way up a steep ravine and lay down to get out of the sun..I was ready to take the shot, but my buddy thought we could close the distance a bit...Well you can guess what happened..We started to make our move and he wasn't having any of that and slowly got up and walked over the ridge..I was in no position to to hurry a shot at that range and let him go..Thursday afternoon we went up a canyon..I walked just a few yards to check out a little canyon coming off the ridge and into the canyon we were in.. I saw a bush that looked suspicious and continued to watch it when it turned sideways...I say "Elk" and drop to my belly and flip down my bi-pod...Buddy is excited now and keeps asking me "where,where" Right in front, right in front..It was a 7x7 not a monster, but a darn nice 330 bull...Then a bull gets up out of his bed and looks right at me..The mass just said shoot..My buddy instantly says take the heavy one, it is 222yds. When the 30-378 with 180TSX barked, the bull acted like he got stung by a Bee..Buddy says That is a dead elk.. He stumbled but never really moved and below him was a nasty straight down drop into a Ravine. He stumbled a couple steps towards the edge and I figured I better give him another one before he falls off the cliff..Second shot, same reaction.. Right before I shot him for the 3rd time he fell on his nose about 10 feet from the edge of the drop..The big 7x7 came over to smell him before walking away...When I got over to him I thought I had made a mistake. he was laying butt to me and his antlers looked like a raghorn as his body was just huge...Then I grabbed his rack and couldn't believe his mass..He had a broke front tine and a broke non typical point that came out of his base towrds his eye..He also had 7, 50 caliber Muzzleloading power belt stuck in his hide..2 in the Ham and 5 in the boiler room..Old wounds that never penetrated past the hide..Actually had to cut them out of the hide..My 2 TsX bullets were stuck in the hide on the off side..Never have found one of my TSX bullets before as they all have been pass throughs.. Even one that I shot a bull just behind the left shoulder and traveled through and exited his right Ham due to the angle..He was a beast..Even after gutting him we tried to move him to get some more pictures and we couldn't move him 5 feet with 10 attempts...Here are the pictures of our DIY Public land bulls.I am the one in Orange..My buddy posing with my Bull as well.Trying to get his to load!!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bosque 2012 002.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	107.4 KB 
ID:	6927
Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bosque 2012 007.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	111.9 KB 
ID:	6928