Thread: Bank of Bolder 1985 300WM and unmarked 3x9 scope

Default Bank of Bolder 1985 300WM and unmarked 3x9 scope

I bought this back in 1985, and want to know the maker of the scope that came with the package. I can find no markings or serial number on the scope. It has Weatherby scope lens covers. Thank you!
    Last edited by GregGA; 08-22-2019 at 00:33.

2. Default Re: Bank of Bolder 1985 300WM and unmarked 3x9 scope

Hi, and welcome!
    A picture of the scope will help a lot.

RUM = Poor Man's Weatherby!

Default Re: Bank of Bolder 1985 300WM and unmarked 3x9 scope

Quote Originally Posted by 340 Weatherby View Post
    Hi, and welcome!
    A picture of the scope will help a lot.
    Thank you for the welcome!

Based on pictures of a Supreme scope listed on Ebay, that's what it is. Identical in everything, including under the turret caps. Objective lens measures 44mm. It's identical EXCEPT has absolutely no markings other than the numbers for scope power and focus, and Weatherby lens caps. I didn't even think about scope markings when I received the rifle. Now that I'm able to shoot more, the question came up. Oh, the rifle also has a 24" barrel, which appears to be another oddity.

After 39 years, I doubt there is anyone at Weatherby that remembers the Bank of Boulder rifle/CD program. I can't remember if the rifle came from Weatherby, or the bank.
    I do remember the LAZERMARK wasn't mentioned in the brochure and I had to ask them if I could get one. Can't recall any up charges. The package was $1500, which I got back 15 years later.

Maybe someone will read this that had dealings with the bank and fill us in on the unmarked scope!
    Last edited by GregGA; 08-23-2019 at 16:22. Reason: Spelling

4. Default Re: Bank of Bolder 1985 300WM and unmarked 3x9 scope

I remember ads like that in G&A and other magazines of the time. The 24" barrel was a standard length offered from Weatherby. The contour #1 was 24", contour #2 was a 26".
    A list of the contours can be found here: https://www.weatherby.dk/downloads.php?do=file&id=4

RUM = Poor Man's Weatherby!

Default Re: Bank of Bolder 1985 300WM and unmarked 3x9 scope

Quote Originally Posted by 340 Weatherby View Post
    I remember ads like that in G&A and other magazines of the time. The 24" barrel was a standard length offered from Weatherby. The contour #1 was 24", contour #2 was a 26".
    A list of the contours can be found here: https://www.weatherby.dk/downloads.php?do=file&id=4
    Thank you!